Beautifully situated on the north side of Loch Etive. In front of the house there is a rockery, extensive herbaceous and rose borders, with excellent views over the loch. West of the house there are shrub borders and a wild garden, numerous roses and many different varieties of sorbus providing excellent autumn colour. The Priory, founded in 1230, is now a private house. The ruins of the chapel and graveyard are in the care of Historic Scotland and open with the garden.
Oban ten miles. From north, turn left off A828 at Barcaldine onto B845 for six miles. From East/Oban on A85, cross Connel Bridge and turn first right, proceed east on Bonawe Road.
1 April - 31 October 9:30am - 5:30pm
£4.00, children under 16 free
Donation to SG Beneficiaries
Sunday 30 July Garden Fete - soup lunches, homemade teas, plant and other stalls and other attractions.