52 PARTICKHILL ROAD: this garden retains a beautiful herbaceous border. Of particular interest are the very old American Pillar roses, a double red lilac tree and Campanula 'Canterbury Bells' brought from Dundee in 1944. Roses and clematis adorn the front of the house. The garden is steeped in history having been with the same family since 1944. 9 PARTICKHILL COURT: across the lawn, framing a small pond, there are many shrubs and interesting specimen trees such as the Dawyck Beech, amelanchier, Cornus contorversa vareiagta, mulberry, crinodendron and eucryphia lucida. 56 PARTICKHILL ROAD: the principal garden is set to the rear of a Grade A listed villa built in 1841, lovingly restored by the current owners, retaining all the original features.The garden was designed and rebuilt in 2014, with three healthy trees being kept, a new vegetable garden set to the east of the plot and most of the previous rose bushes replanted surrounding the central lawn and pergola.
From the M8 take junction 17 (A82) right at lights for Great Western Road, turn left onto Hyndland Road, right onto North Gardener Street and right onto Partickhill Road. There is lmited on street parking (free at time of publication). By public transport: Trains to Hyndland Station (15 min walk). Buses 44 & 15 to Cottiers, Hyndland Road (10 min walk)
Sunday 4 June 2:00pm - 5:00pm
Homestart receives 20%, Adoption Scotland receives 20%, the net remaining to SG Beneficiaries
Cream teas £3.00 are served at the local Bowling Club. Free maps will be given at the entrance gate.
The Gardeners of Partickhill East
Call 0141334 6277