The 36 acre grounds at Glenapp Castle are totally secluded and private. There are many rare and unusual plants and shrubs to be found, including magnificent specimen rhododendrons. Paths wander round the azalea pond, and through established woodland, leading to the wonderful walled garden with its 150 foot Victorian glasshouse. Fresh herbs and fruit from the garden are used every day in the castle kitchen. Much of the gardens were designed by Gertrude Jekyll (1843-1932) who was a world famous garden architect applying the principles of the arts & crafts movement and who worked in collaboration with Edwin Lutyens.
When approaching from the North take the A77 South. Pass through the village of Ballantrae, crossing the River Stinchar as you leave. Take the first turning on the right, 100 yards beyond the river (not sign posted). When approaching from the South take the A77 North and turn left 100 yards before the bridge over the River Stinchar at Ballantrae. The gates of the castle are located one mile along this road.
By arrangement 17 March - 22 December
£5.00 per person or complimentary if lunch or afternoon tea is purchased in the castle.
Donation to SG Beneficiaries